We’re two weeks into 2014 and already we can see how things are shaping up. We’ve made the New Year’s Resolutions and they are beginning to fall by the wayside. Despite what we may be hoping, 2014 is beginning to look a lot like 2013… and it’s not looking good. Most of us would like a little more balance in our life: more of the things that make us happy and less of the things that don’t. We’d love to change things but we’re not sure how to shift the balance and still keep things together.
George Santayana’s old truism (in ‘Reason in Common Sense’) assures us that “Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it,”. The ability to make a change is 2014 lies in our own hands and the raw materials of how to change it are right there in our recent history. So why don’t we change? Here are just some of the reasons I’ve heard from clients, friends and acquaintances:
- I don’t know how to change things (uncertainty)
- I’m struggling just to hang on to things right now. I can’t afford to rock the boat (fear)
- Meh, it’s not perfect, but it pays the bills (stuck in a rut)
- I’ve got so many other people I need to consider (lacking assertiveness)
- Everybody is doing it tough, why should I be any different? (I don’t deserve better)
- I’ll get down to it next week when things quieten down a little (procrastination)
These are just a few of the reasons (or do I mean excuses?) for letting things roll on as they are. Is it any wonder that 2014 is shaping up just the same way and the resolutions have evaporated? So, what can we do about it?
- Realize that you can have a better life
- Decide you’re going to make it happen
- Visit the Epiphanies home page and request the FREE Life Balance Assessment
- Make an appointment for a FREE consultation on how your life balance stands and what needs to change.
Make the call, or drop us a line, now. You’ve nothing to lose and, who knows, you might even have a few Epiphanies of your very own! Yes, it really is free and without any obligation.